Sunday 27 October 2013

Morrissey, Autobiography: The Music







Here are all of the name-dropped songs and singles that furnish Morrissey’s Autobiography (excluding his own, of course) compiled as a playlist with all that Spotify will allow. Warning: it’s (predictably) quite brilliant…Here is the Spotify link: Morrissey: Autobiography playlist and the track listing is below. Treat yourself to my review of the Autobiography here

Track listing:


Millie – My Boy Lollipop
Roy Orbison – It's Over
Manfred Mann – Pretty Flamingo
New Vaudeville Band – Peek A Boo
Four Tops – Bernadette
Paul Jones – I've Been A Bad Bad Boy
Francoise Hardy – All Over The World - English Version of "Dans Le Monde Entier"
The Righteous Brothers – You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' - Single Version
Jimmy Jones – Good Timin'
Tony Orlando – Bless You
Marianne Faithfull – Come And Stay With Me
Love Affair – Rainbow Valley
The Foundations – Back On My Feet Again
Small Faces – Lazy Sunday
Sandie Shaw – You've Not Changed
Lulu – I'm a Tiger
Rita Pavone – Heart
Diana Ross & The Supremes – Reflections - Single Version
Diana Ross & The Supremes – I'm Livin' In Shame - Juke Box Single Version (Stereo)
Matt Monro – We're Gonna Change The World - 2010 Digital Remaster
Shirley Bassey – Let Me Sing and I'm Happy
Paper Dolls – Something Here In My Heart
David Bowie – Starman - 2002 Digital Remaster
Buffy Sainte-Marie – Soldier Blue
Buffy Sainte-Marie – Moratorium
The Pioneers – Let Your Yeah Be Yeah
Dave And Ansel Collins – Double Barrel
Bob & Marcia – Young, Gifted And Black
Springwater – I Will Return
Hurricane Smith – Don't Let It Die
Jo Jo Gunne – Run Run Run
The Elgins – Heaven Must Have Sent You
T. Rex – Jeepster
T. Rex – Metal Guru
T. Rex – Telegram Sam
Mr Bloe – Groovin' With Mr Bloe
Blue Mink – Melting Pot
Roxy Music – Virginia Plain
New York Dolls – Jet Boy
New York Dolls – Trash
Mott The Hoople – All The Young Dudes
Faron Young – It's Four In The Morning
Melanie Safka – I Don't Eat Animals
Iggy & The Stooges – Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell - Iggy Pop Mix
Sex Pistols – Anarchy In The UK
Sparks – This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us
New York Dolls – Frankenstein
New York Dolls – Personality Crisis
Nancy Sinatra – Happy
Dionne Warwick – Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forget
Jobriath – Morning Star Ship
Pony Club – Single
Ewan MacColl – Morrissey and the Russian Sailor
Kirsty MacColl – You Know It's You
Nancy Sinatra – Let Me Kiss You
Patti Smith Group – Because the Night
Brigitte Bardot – Bubble Gum
Herman's Hermits – East West 
David Bowie – Drive In Saturday - 1999 Digital Remaster


6 comments:

Mind Of Mine said...

Beacoup the playlist.

Very impressed. I love a large percentage of this list. Some I didn't even remember!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, thank you for compiling!

don't want one said...

Thanks. This awesome. Some of the '60s stuff isn't doing it for me, but I love having this playlist. Just added it to my Spotify lists.

Mary Beth Bass said...

Thanks so much!!!

Jeff in Oklahoma said...

Love the playlist, but I would like to say that Bernadette by the Four Tops is a rerecorded version from when the guys were a little older. It's still great but the original album version has much more feeling in my opinion, and I would assume this would be the version Morrissey would have originally heard. I only assume though, the book is not available here in the States as far as I know. Thanks again, what an awesome track listing and view into someones musical mind.

Manhattanchester said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Jeff, you're right, thanks for the heads up, I have replaced 'Bernadette' with the original single version.