Thursday 30 June 2011

Glastonbury 2011 highlights


The Landrover they sent to carry our bags, darling. Heaviest bags I’ve ever been in contact with, including while moving house ...

Wonderful Gary and Thom putting my tent up a day early for me ...

Plastic martini glasses outside the tipi ...

Hearing the rumour that Radiohead were playing (while it still was a rumour) then seeing Ed O’Brien walk past, then Colin Greenwood, and eventually Thom Yorke ...

That Chemical Brothers faux pas (sorry Ed) ...

Lyrics that seemed increasingly apt and truthful and profound over the course of the weekend. Metronomy: ‘She just wants to dance all the time ...’ Morrissey opening with ‘I Want The One I Can’t Have’. Elbow: ‘Do you know those days are golden...?’ ...


Eventually stopping worrying about what you’re missing and being in the moment ...

Bands with girl drummers ...

Kirsten Dunst ...swoon....

Dancing to ‘Karma Chameleon’ at Vogue Fabrics ...

Caribou playing ‘Sun’ in the dark and rain ...

Crystal Castles’ wall of noise that even bent the wind ...

Halloumi kebabs ...

My mate Katie taking Jade Jagger down a peg or three ...


Watching a hundred thousand people fall in love with that Guy from Bury ...

‘All divas to the dancefloor!’ ...

The boys, especially the boys when the sun came out, especially the boys at NYC Downlow, especially Joe, David and nameless bear, especially sun-up on Monday ...

Realising Beyonce is the greatest pop star on earth ...

Everyone who lent me money and stopped me from falling over ...

Amazing friends, old and new, special mentions for getting to know Libby, Eden and Hannah, and to Jeremy for making at happen ...

All the stuff I can’t tell you about ...




No comments: